SUBJECT: K-4 Students Returning & Retrieving Items at School
Dear Clinton K-4 families,
We want to provide students in kindergarten, first, second, third, and fourth grades in the 2019-2020 school year the opportunity to come to school to return any LPS items they have at home and to retrieve their personal belongings. Lincoln Public Schools has compiled a checklist for your convenience.
Return & Retrieve Date(s):
July 21, July 22, July 23
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Clinton Elementary Door 3
NOTE: 2nd-4th graders keep their Chromebook and charger. They will bring them to school in the fall.
K-4th Return List
- Musical instrument owned by the school (loaned to student through fee waiver)
- School textbooks
- LPS library books
- Special Education Assistive Technology, unless in summer school
- Classroom library books belonging to the teacher
- Anything else that belongs to the school or teacher
- Do not return your Chromebook and charger unless you are moving and will not return to LPS in the fall (Bring to school in August)
This return and retrieve process will be drive-through only.
- Students and families will not come into the building
- The drive through will be at Door 3.
- A walk-up station will be on site for anyone biking or walking to the school
- We will have staff available at Door 3 on July 21, 22, & 23 from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. to distribute materials to families and collect any materials needing to be returned to Clinton.
- If you need to schedule a different time, please call the Clinton office to schedule at 402-436-1132.
- If you are unable to pick up materials, we will pass them along to their 20-21 teacher and they can bring them home on August 12.
- To ensure safe health practices, we want the pick up process to be quick and efficient.
- Stay in your vehicle
- Masks and gloves are recommended
- Have items to return to school in the trunk, if possible
- Follow the traffic pattern and directions from school staff wearing safety vests
- Smiles, waves and warm greetings are welcome
- Please no high fives, hugs, fist bumps for school staff
We appreciate your partnership in supporting your child’s education at home. We know this has been a very unusual time and we hope our efforts to engage your student in learning opportunities has been helpful.
We look forward to seeing our amazing students and families!
Angee Luedtke – Principal